White kitchens bring a clean, light feel to any home, but many homeowners often express concern about how to keep those cabinets looking pristine. Why should you shy away from your brilliant antique white kitchen cabinets? There’s always something cool about a white kitchen. It’s aesthetically crisp and bright. And, these makes your home feel and look more enticing, expensive while bringing a sense of calmness. However, sometimes homeowners are a bit skittish about a white cabinet. People believe that it’s difficult to keep a white kitchen maintained and clean. But this won’t be an issue. A little grime and grease shouldn’t deter you from having white kitchen cabinetry. And Get our favorite kitchen bar stool ideas here!
Tips On How To Keep White Kitchen Cabinets Clean
- Protect the cabinet from direct sunlight – Direct exposure to sunlight can make the white kitchen cabinets and its laminated surface to turn yellowish. You can prevent this by installing blinds or curtains. You can also use a tinted glass window to protect the cabinet from scorching sunlight.
- Keep the exhaust fan turned on–You should keep the exhaust fan always turned on while cooking. Grease from cooking is the key cause of kitchen staining. To stop it from accumulating on the counters and white kitchen cabinet, keep the fan or the range hood on as you start cooking.
- Use baking soda and vinegar to clean the cupboard – Unlike Walnut Cabinets, to keep the white cupboard looking fresh, clean, and bright, use a solution of vinegar and baking soda. Take one cup of vinegar. Now add a tablespoon of baking soda along with two cups of lukewarm water. Dip a dry rag into it and wring out the extra liquid. Now wipe down the cupboard. This should be done once every month without fail.
- Keep the sink soaked in bleach–In case of white sinks, they easily look grimy. But you can avoid it. You can avoid any sign of wear by the use of household bleaching agent.But don’t let it run straight down the drain. You can block the sink bottom with using paper towels. Now soak them in bleach. Keep the bleach-soaked towels for half an hour and then remove them. Use warm water to rinse the sink. If you don’t want to use bleach for the sink stains, you can use club soda with lemon juice. Fill the sink with a solution of them. Let it soak. Now rinse the same with warm water.
- Brush away the grout of the tiles–If the kitchen is designed with a white tile backsplash, the grime and dirt accumulated on it will be more prominent. So take care of this regularly. Create a homemade paste with water and baking soda. Apply the same on the grout. Take some vinegar in a spray bottle to spritz a vinegar coat onto the paste. Finally, scrub the grout simply with a toothbrush and then rinse with water.
- Eliminate stains from surfaces made of natural stone – Surfaces of natural stone like granite and marble are porous. They can absorb liquid fast. So you need to clean the spillage promptly so it can’t seep into the counter. If any stain develops, clean it with hydrogen peroxide solution with a splash of ammonia.
Whether white cabinets or modern walnut cabinets, it’s not difficult to maintain them. All you need to be a bit careful and prompt about maintaining its cleanliness and color.
It is normal for kitchen cabinets to become coated in grease and grime from daily cooking. How do you clean yellowed white kitchen cabinets? Do share your thoughts and ideas in the comment section below.