As the corona virus spreads through the world, people are scrambling to find ways to protect themselves from getting sick. To help lessen the spread of the new coronavirus and COVID-19, the disease it causes, here are important steps to help protect Yourself from Coronavirus at Home.
The respiratory illness Corona Virus has spread across the world, including the India, and the WHO has officially declared the disease a pandemic. As the threat becomes more and more widespread, new precautions must be taken. The federal government has implemented various protective measures, as have individual state, Country, city government. You, too, should take steps to protect yourself from COVID-19 and limit the spread of the novel Corona virus to others. In this article, learn how to protect yourself against the Coronavirus.
Not Staying Home; How likely are you to get a Coronavirus?
Anyone can contract Coronavirus or COVID-19, although certain groups of people have a higher risk of developing serious complications from the virus and requiring hospitalization. Many people who get Corona virus will experience cold or flu-like symptoms, and some people who get the virus will be completely symptomatic. But no matter which group you fall into, everyone has the responsibility to limit the spread to other people, especially to those who may develop deadly complications, Dr. TOM Moor croft, an osteopathic doctor who specializes in infectious disease, Tells CNET.
Should Indians be Worried about Coronavirus?
Even if you are not worried about your own health, you should remain aware that the novel corona virus can be fatal and is widespread in India. Even if it does not affect your friends, family, or other people with whom you have relationships, especially those who have any of the High-Risk factors determined by the CDC. Since the world is taking a break from the usual routine thus we all have a lot of time at home so you wandering how do you use it productively then read our article Productive Things to Do at Home During Coronavirus Lockdown here!
How to Protect Yourself from Coronavirus at Home?
Good hygiene and social distancing remain the two top tactics.
Some possible ways to keep yourself physically fit during Coronavirus Lockdown at home – Fuel your body by eating a healthy, well-balanced diet and drinking plenty of water.
Best Ways to Protect Yourself from Coronavirus
1) Wash your hands properly at least 30 to 40 times a day.
2) Stay home; social distancing is the only possible way to break the chain of Corona Virus.
3) Follow local public and health guidelines.
4) Boost your immune system.
5) Try to Stay Calm.
6) Avoid traveling, stay informed.
7) Exercise every day.
8) Take deep breaths and stretch often.
9) Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
10) Spend time inside, such as reading books, reading or writing articles, indoor games, painting, etc.
11) Avoid alcohol and drugs, avoid excessive gambling, or ignoring public health recommendations.
12) Wash your hands regularly for 20 or 25 seconds, with soap, water, or an alcohol-based sanitizer. (Make sure quantity of alcohol should be 60% to 70% )
13) Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with unwell people.
If you feel unwell then Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household.
Some Ways to Keep Yourself Mentally Fit during Coronavirus Lockdown
- Set and maintain a routine at home.
- Listen to music and read books.
- Focus on things you can control.
- Focus your thoughts on the present and things to be grateful today.
- Use technology to maintain social connections like Skype, Facebook, Whats App, etc.
- Lean on your benefits and faith for support.
- Try to motivate yourself and your family.
- Ask people to avoid gatherings, outings, and traveling.
- Think positive and help others to think positively too.
How to Prevent getting the Coronavirus? Follow these Tactics:-
There are some safety measures which people of many countries are following, and people are safe there, by following those safety measures you can make sure your protection from coronavirus.
- The most successful method so far, to avoid Corona Virus is washing hands from time to time. Wearing a mask on face and avoid gatherings. Follow Social distancing.
- The less you go out, the more you stay away from people and take precautions, then I say with full confidence that you will not have any effect of this Corona virus.
Precaution for Coronavirus
- Preventative measures are your first line of defense. The best way to protect yourself from the Corona Virus is to practice good hygiene and to make these CDC recommendations part of your routine.
- Wash your handle with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom before eating, and after blowing your nose.
- If soap water is not readily available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% of alcohol. Always wash hands properly with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, eyes with unwashed hands.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue in the trash and wash hands. And if you don’t have tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow, rather than in your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Anyone who is sick — even if they don’t know for sure they have coronavirus (COVID-19) — should stay home unless they need medical care. This helps in preventing the illness from spreading to other people.
- As much as possible, keep away from other people and pets in your home.
- Wear a cloth face covering (or face mask, if you have one) if they must be around other people. Cloth face coverings are for use only by people who are older than 2 years old who are not having trouble breathing. It is recommended not to leave a child alone while they’re wearing a cloth face covering. To see how to put on and remove cloth face coverings and face masks, clean them, or make your own cloth face covering, check the CDC’s guide.
Each day we hear about more people testing positive for COVID-19 in our county, India and throughout the world. The virus that causes COVID-19 can spread from person to person through droplets that are expelled into the air when an infected person coughs or sneezes. If you are nearby, these droplets can enter your body through the nose, mouth, eyes or lungs.
Recent studies suggest that COVID-19 may be spread by people who show no symptoms, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That is why it is extremely important to take the necessary precautions and staying home to stop the spread of this virus.
I hope you like the article. Please share this article with your friends, family and your loved ones 🙂
At this time, the whole world is struggling with a global pandemic. But this is the time when nature is testing the patience of people; we all have to unite and defeat this virus. Do not panic at all; if you have a mild fever, go to the doctor immediately. Take proper precautions. We will win from this global epidemic, if not today, then tomorrow, but we will win for sure. And believe me, that day is not so far when everything will be the same. Everyone will get busy with their works and soon get back to a healthy life.
Thanks for reading this article.
Stay safe. Stay home. Stay healthy.